Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Online Income is Possible. Look at All the Ways.

I'm continuing to make progress. As suggested in My Online Income System, I need to create multiple blogs on multiple platforms in order to spread the word. So I spent most of Friday evening/Saturday morning creating a new blog on WordPress.com. It's not where I want it to be yet, but you can certainly check it out at Success Ideas for Everyday Women. The idea for that blog is to focus on women and try to encourage women to find their own path and create online income for themselves.


It will be different from this effort. Here, I'm really going to discuss all the things I try to generate online income. The other blog will be more inspirational, more lifestyle-oriented. At least that's the plan. WordPress apparently doesn't approve of blatantly commercial blogs, which is weird because it's supposed to be the biggest and best blogging platform out there, and everyone says create a blog to promote your business. But I'll try to play by their rules. We'll see. But I guess the idea is to create links back and forth, and to give yourself multiple blogs, each as a different avenues to market with.


But building the Wordpress blog was quite an undertaking. It took me at least 4 hours of watching video tutorials and searching different forums for solutions when I got stuck before I could actually get the basics of creating a blog in Wordpress the way I wanted. When I tried to do it on my own, it was a mess. Not intuitive in the least. My next blog will be on this Blogger.com platform, for sure. But other people who are successful use both platforms to create multiple blogs, so I will too. This journey is all about learning new things, so ...


So, after I finished working through WordPress, I spent some time writing 2 articles. I submitted one to Ezinearticles.com and one to GoArticles.com. That makes 6 submissions to Ezinearticles in the last 3 weeks, and 4 to GoArticles. I also went into two forums dedicated to helping people generate online income and tried to find threads to add comments to or start a new thread that made sense. I'm really struggling with the Forum marketing aspect of the program. Most of the time, I feel like I can't contribute to the conversation because I don't know enough. But I'm trying. I'm not participating to the level I'm supposed to be, but I'm making progress.


Also this weekend, I discovered a great website called Associated Content. This is actually a site that PAYS for your articles. WoHoo! Talk about a way to generate online income! I've always wanted to be a freelance writer, so ... I spent the afternoon re-writing many of the articles I have already submitted to other sites -- I took out some paragraphs, added more personal observations, etc. and submitted 5 articles for review. There are two ways you can get paid -- if your article qualifies, they will actually pay you upfront (apparently anywhere from $1 to $20 per article) when they approve your article. In addition, they put the article on their database and you get paid whenever other people view your articles. We'll see if any of my articles make the cut for upfront payment. But they give you a link as soon as they approve your article so you can promote the link (like, on a blog or on a squidoo page), increasing your pay. Very cool. I don't know enough of the ins and outs yet, but it's definitely a site worth checking out if you like to write and want to generate income.

Give it a try and let me know.

Here's to your success.

No comments:

Post a Comment