Thursday, August 6, 2009

Organization Strategies for Online Success

It's now been about 20 actual days into this adventure, and I'm still working my way through My Online Income System.

Today's topic is how much I appreciate Kim's suggested organization strategies for online success(Day #19 of the MOIS Action Plan) and how I'm putting those ideas into action. I personally struggle with organization. My office is always a pigsty (and I truly apologize to all swine out there for the insult). I have stacks of paper, stacks of books, stacks of who knows whatall. There are slips of paper everywhere. I just can't seem to keep organized.

But for my online income business, I've taken the suggestions in the Action Plan to heart and expanded them a litle bit, creating 4 organization strategies of my own in formats I think I can keep up with:

1) a spreadsheet listing websites, email address used at sign-up, user names and passwords. It's in Excel, and I keep it open as I work, so I can update everytime I go to a new site. I'm also using this spreadsheet as my Activity Log, so I track my traffic and stats every day;

2) a spiral bound notebook which is my "Link" book where I'm tracking what content I write, what Title I gave it, where it is posted, and what keywords I used. I'm keeping it beside the computer and writing in it as necessary. I am also keeping track of what links I have put in my various profiles so I can go back and revise/update as this business grows;

3) A separate section of my spiral notebook is being devoted to creating a list of sites/strategies that I come across as I'm reading or surfing that I want to explore further, either by researching in forums (which I believe is an absolute MUST) or going to the sites themselves. This section is growing rapidly every day; and finally

4) I've started a separate spiral bound notebook for nothing but keyword research.

Even though these strategies may seem like common sense, My Online Income System is the first program I have ever encountered that actually devotes time to addressing this critical aspect of running an online income business and gives you suggestions on what to track and how to do it. It's one of the things that I think sets this program apart from others.

So I'm still determined to stick with it because I am seeing results. For instance:

This blog -- 84 views, 2 followers, $1.28 in adsense revenue

Squidoo lenses: I Love My Online Income System -- 52 views, $.07 in adsense revenue

4 Steps to Go From Newbie to Money-Making Pro -- 7 views

Work at Home Moms and My Online Income System -- 6 views

And the latest lens, 5 Mental Strategies for Online Income Success -- 3 views

Free Website -- My Free Website -- 51 visits

GoArticles.com -- 2 articles, 24 requests

ArticleShed.com -- 1 article, 30 views

Ezinearticles.com -- 3 live articles, 53 views -- (quick sidenote on Ezinearticles: I had to revise all 3 articles because of picky things from the editors, but 1 editing round was all -- it took about 15 days for the first article to get published, 10 days for the other 2 -- I still have 2 articles pending. They give you more in-depth statistics on who is looking at your articles and who clicked where. Pretty cool)

I'm on either Day #27 or Day #28 of the My Online Income System action plan, which means I have to create a second blog. So for the next day or so, I'm going to be tackling WordPress. I think WordPress seems more complicated than Blogger, but I guess I'm about to confirm or disprove that impression. The whole idea of doing multiple blogs seems crazy to me -- but that's why I need a system to follow and not rely on my own instincts. If left to my own devices, I would just continue to add to this one blog, but I guess the whole idea is to create multiple cross-links and create variations of contents because different search engines, or different people, for that matter, will gravitate to different words and ideas. Makes sense, but I don't think it's necessarily intuitive.

So I'm off to another blogosphere. I'm still struggling as to what the "theme" will be, but I'm leaning toward making it more motivational/inspirational -- not a "journey" like this one. We'll see, I guess.

In the meantime, if anyone has suggestions or comments, please let me know. But get out there, find a program that works for you and get started.

Here's to your success.

2 comments:

  1. I have been seeking a way to make money online now for about 1 year. I have read every big name from John Chow to Courtney Tuttle and I am exhausted. I have spent money buying multiple ebooks on how to make money online all promising it is step by step and easy. I find that all of them are written in a way that shows no order what so ever. They jump around. I need something clearly written that is broken down from begining to end and does not jump around and offer information from the end on day 4 and confuse me and leave me feeling stupid and discouraged that I have no idea how to make this work. Is this system what I am looking for? I need honest answers. I want to be a stay at home mom again my husband lost his job 4 years ago and has not been able to find a job that pays what he use to get paid. I had to go to work full time. I work 530pm to 200am everyday monday thru friday and had to put one of my children in school as I am not there any longer to homeschool her. I am so depressed and down about my life and just want to have some control. I am fed up with bill collectors and threatening letters as we still don't make enough together to make up for the loss of his one job. It amazes me how life can be altered so quickly and leave a wake of destruction for years. Tell me this will work.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,

    I believe in this system. It's not Get Rich Quick -- it takes a slow, consistent effort. It builds over time. But the information is laid out in such a way that it is manageable. The hardest part for me is setting aside time to write, and NOT getting caught up in continuous research. 'm here to encourage you in any way I can.

    Good luck, and I'm convinced that if you focus on 1 program and commit yourself to making it work, you CAN be successful online.

    ReplyDelete